Offers Informational Resources to Researchers, Journalists, and Potential Foreign Agents
WASHINGTON, D.C. - January 22, 2019: Caplin & Drysdale's Political Law Group today announced the launch of a new website – www.FARA.us – to serve as an informational resource to the regulated community and to journalists seeking a better understanding of the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA).
The U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) has increased its scrutiny of FARA compliance, as evidenced by its $4.6 million FARA-related settlement with prominent law ...
The Department of Justice’s FARA Registration Unit regularly issues what are called “Letters of Inquiry” when it believes an individual, company, non-profit, consultancy, or other party may need to register under the Foreign Agents Registration Act (“FARA”). Below are frequently asked questions about FARA Letters of Inquiry.
What gives rise to a Letter of Inquiry?
A Letter of Inquiry can be the result of a media article, a complaint or “tip” to the FARA Unit, a referral to the FARA Unit from another governmental body, or a review by the FARA Unit of public records and ...
Drysdale welcomes you to FARA.us, which is a new informational resource for the
regulated community about the Foreign Agents Registration Act (“FARA”). This site is the first online resource to
provide detailed summaries of advisory opinions issued by the Department of
Justice’s FARA Unit, descriptions of major FARA enforcement cases, and a
comprehensive database of FARA’s legislative history materials all in a single
FARA.us will also be
updated regularly to include FARA news and other information about the
law. We hope that you will find it
An Informational Resource in a New Era of Foreign Agents Registration Act Enforcement.
Recent Blog Posts
- Former US Ambassador to Plead Guilty to Violating Post-Employment Ethics Law in Qatar Representation
- Chinese National Charged with Acting as an Illegal Agent of the Chinese Government in the United States
- House Judiciary Committee Holds First FARA Hearing In 30 Years
- Dual Russia-U.S. Citizen Charged With FARA Violations, Remains At-Large
- DOJ Unseals Indictment Charging U.S. Resident With Acting As An Agent Of Egypt Government
- DOJ Solicits Public Input on Potential Changes to FARA
- Task Force on FARA Releases Report
- Former Trump Campaign Adviser Charged with Acting as an Agent of UAE Government
- Foreign Agent Convictions of Former Michael Flynn Associate Reinstated
- Former Prosecutor Jennifer Gellie Reportedly Tapped as FARA Unit Head