On December 4, 2020, Deputy Assistant Attorney General for the National Security Division (“NSD”) of the Department of Justice (“DOJ”) Adam Hickey delivered remarks to the American Conference Institute’s 2nd National Forum on the Foreign Agents Registration Act (“FARA”). Hickey addressed how DOJ’s enforcement of FARA has evolved and responded to criticisms of the law. Caplin & Drysdale Member Matt Sanderson is a co-chair of the Forum.
Hickey discussed how the NSD has changed its approach to enforcing FARA since 2015, when the DOJ’s Inspector General audited ...
An Informational Resource in a New Era of Foreign Agents Registration Act Enforcement.
Recent Blog Posts
- DOJ Sues Casino Mogul Steve Wynn to Compel FARA Registration
- Former US Ambassador to Plead Guilty to Violating Post-Employment Ethics Law in Qatar Representation
- Chinese National Charged with Acting as an Illegal Agent of the Chinese Government in the United States
- House Judiciary Committee Holds First FARA Hearing In 30 Years
- Dual Russia-U.S. Citizen Charged With FARA Violations, Remains At-Large
- DOJ Unseals Indictment Charging U.S. Resident With Acting As An Agent Of Egypt Government
- DOJ Solicits Public Input on Potential Changes to FARA
- Task Force on FARA Releases Report
- Former Trump Campaign Adviser Charged with Acting as an Agent of UAE Government
- Foreign Agent Convictions of Former Michael Flynn Associate Reinstated